Frankincense has many benefits; no doubts about it. This therapeutic essential oil also known as Olibanum oil is used for calming the environment and also for soothing the body, mind, and soul. Frankincense oil they say originated in India, Africa, and the Middle East and is found to have great potential as an alternative therapy for bladder cancer.
Frankincense plays a significant role Christianity, being among the gifts the newborn Jesus was offered by the three wise men. Nowadays, this aromatic resin is turned into an essential oil valued not only in the religious rituals but also in natural health and aromatherapy as stated above.
It is used in body lotions and creams due to its wonderful antiseptic properties for healing the skin. It rejuvenates mature skin to look young and fresh again; it helps to improve tautness of the skin and also enhances the skin tone.
Numerous uses of Olibanum oil
There are several uses of Olibanum oil offering a lot of benefits. This is very useful for clearing bronchitis, cold, coughs and sets right voice loss due to tonsils in vapor therapy.
It helps reduce anxiety and other disturbances in mind bringing on internal peace.
Frankincense oil is used in bath oils and massage blends offering a soothing after bath experience. Works as a good astringent to help tighten the skin for reducing the signs of aging and also heals sores, wounds, and ulcers of the skin.
Due to its antiseptic properties, the therapeutic Frankincense oil is used as a skin wound cleansing lotion and is known as the best healing agent across the globe.
Therapeutic method in Europe and Asia
Frankincense, a sweetish substance with pleasant and aromatic odor, develops this aroma well only at the temperature of 100 ° degrees C when it softens without melting. It has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent, carminative and healing properties, diuretic, expectorant, sedative. Contemporary science can not explain, for example, the extraordinary effects of Frankincense fumigations in the treatment of epilepsy, sensory disturbances, or serious psychosis, but there are numerous records of the extraordinary effects of this process. In the Arab world, Frankincense is dissolved in water and used for stomach pain. For respiratory infections it is burnt on charcoal, enhancing the fragrance. Also in oriental medicine, reddish yellow Frankincense is used as rejuvenation for the psyche. In Europe, incense was used until the middle of the nineteenth century to alleviate rheumatic pain. Modern medicine seems to rediscover it in cancer therapy, dysentery, and fever.
Frankincense – a short list of its benefits
The health benefits of incense oil are mainly attributed to its anti-inflammatory, astringent, antiseptic, disinfectant, digestive, diuretic and expectorant properties. It also has effects dressings, carminative, Cytophilactiques, Emmenagogue, vulnérants and have effects on the uterus.
Incense oil is considered a fortifier because it benefits all systems of the organism, including digestive, respiratory, nervous and excretory systems. It also promotes nutrient absorption and strengthens your immune system. Incense oil has been shown to be effective in the treatment of the following health problems:
Frankincense oil finds its place as a therapeutic essential oil both in the field of medicine and skin care.
Being a powerful astringent, Frankincense offer many benfits, including skin cell protection such as wrinkle prevention, skin tightening, lifting of sagging skin, etc., it is well known for its anti-aging and wrinkle fighting properties.
Do you know that this essential oil also works as a natural household cleaner? This plant burnt indoors helps to keep the indoor space clean and also acts as a natural deodorizer. Used in an essential oil diffuser, it helps to reduce pollution inside the house and can disinfect any of your rooms in your house.
It is also used as a natural hygiene product owing to its antiseptic properties. This oil also is a great addition to any oral hygiene regimen. Some of the oral care products contain Frankincense oil, and if you are happy with the aroma, you sure must buy one today. This oil can help prevent dental health issues such as tooth decay, cavities, bad breath, or other oral infections and you can even make your own toothpaste using this oil along with baking soda.
- Arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (PR) — research conducted by scientists at the University of Cardiff has revealed that incense can inhibit the production of key inflammatory molecules, helping to prevent the decomposition of cartilaginous tissues that are the cause of these diseases.
- Also, it has been demonstrated in animal studies that Indian or Boswell incense, also of the genus Boswellia, reduces inflammation significantly. This is indeed one of my favorites because I have seen it work effectively as a natural analgesic in many of my former patients with rheumatoid arthritis (PR).
- Colds and respiratory disorders — incense oil can remove mucus deposits from your airways and lungs, and can relieve bronchial congestion.
- Oral health problems — the antiseptic qualities of this oil can help prevent bad breath, carries dental pain, canker sores and other infections.
- Digestive disorders — Incense oil accelerates the secretion of gastric fluids, bile, and acid, and stimulates the peristaltic movement to allow food to circulate properly in your intestines.
- Uterine health — Incense Oil regulates the production of estrogen in women and reduces the risk of the formation of tumors or post-menopause cysts in the uterus (cancer of the uterus). It also regulates the menstrual cycle of women in pre-menopause periods.
- The potential of incense in the treatment of cancer is also being studied. Scientists have observed that there is an agent in this oil that could prevent cancer from propagating.
- Frankincense uses are more numerous than for curing common colds and flu; this oil may also seem to help fight cells of some types of cancers and also is known to deal with the side effects of chemotherapy. AKBA is a chemical compound found in Frankincense oil which is the one responsible for killing those cancer cells that have become resistant to chemotherapy.
Skin regenerative: The olibanum helps to repair damaged skin, promotes healing following a wound, relieves ulceration, soothes fungal infections.
Stimulating the immune system and the nervous system.Reduces ENT and bronchial congestion.
Calm the nervous tensions: The result is a better sleep and a good quality sleeping.
Freshens the breath.
Disinfectant of the mouth.
Soothes pain in cases of tendonitis, rheumatism, osteoarthritis or sciatica.
Limits intellectual fatigue as well as stress.
Helps to fight against seasonal depression, emotional excesses, tensions.is an excellent relaxing.
- Cure for smokers: in the form of tincture, incense is good in laryngitis, coughing, cold. Take 20-30 drops of incense daily, diluted in half a glass of water. Also, gargle with incense, which has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-infective effects is made. In the case of sand and kidney stones, nephritis and urinary infections, in the morning, at 8 o’clock and 11 o’clock, a teaspoon of diluted tincture is taken in a glass of water or spring. The treatment lasts for 2-3 weeks and is repeated as often as necessary. The incense disinfects, scars and crushes the stones from the kidneys. The tincture is prepared by combining ten teaspoons of natural incense with a 90-degree glass of alcohol. For inflamed breasts, incisions with incision infusion are placed on the affected area. It takes 1-2 hours a day. It seems that incense can also cure tobacco.
Dr. Barbara Ritson argues that the explanation that most believers do not smoke is due to inhalation of incense, which would reduce the temptation. It has shown that incense smoke acts inhibitory on nicotinic receptors in the brain. American doctor Ronald Boris Vickery, nominated for the Nobel Prize in Medicine, has shown that inhaling Frankincense smoke decreases by 60% the smokers’ nicotine need. It seems that inhaling incense smoke 2-3 times a week, for 2-3 minutes, is enough to get rid of this vice.
To be able to derive the many benefits you must remember one thing, buy pure Frankincense essential oil and not fragrance oil or perfume oil since these are synthetic and do not offer the desired health benefits.